Thursday, August 28

life before and after slipcovers

Here's our family room with what we lovingly call "the Liberty Square Couches":


And here's what happened when our couches met slipcovers a la BB&B:

Serenity now...


Oh, and I just wanted to post this pic because Doug was a good sport shopping all over the world and trying out one type of slipcover after another until we found the right kind. He even let me remove the labels from the sofa cover and stick them on his arms and shirt. Thanks, Doug, for being marginally amused:

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ooooooh, those are pretty slipcovers!

I, too, have scoured high and low looking for slipcovers that will fit our enormously hideous but oh-so-comfortable couches in our living room. I did manage to find some that I'm convinced will work, but of course, they are almost as expensive as a new set of couches.

Sigh. I have slipcover envy.

Monica said...

OOOO AAAHHHH! Very serene, I feel so much more clam even miles away from you guys. I need your address. OUrs is 15020 N 133rd LN, Surprise, AZ 85379. Just thinking about Christmas cards. (i KNow... I am excited for Christmas, I am a total dweeb)

Kellie said...

Those look FAB-O!

Lindy said...

Your job searching has allowed you a lot of time to beautify your apartment. Nice going!

KaSs said...

They can change your world can't they? I love how post happy you've gotten since the move, its fantastic!! We miss ya!

Mike and Nicole said...

Very nice! Those slipcovers fit very well, I'm impressed. Your apartment looks great. :)

Katie Hutchison said...

Ohh! They look fabulous! It really does make a huge difference! Bummer the weather was junky this morning and we couldn't have our weekly pool day. That was the last of my Fridays off. Alas, maybe next summer!

The Barnos said...

Looks great!