Friday, September 26

huh?

What just happened?!?!?

I just got back from that job interview. She started off by giving me a detailed tour of the office (I now know where they do the laundry), confirming just a thing or two from my resume as we walked. She acted like I already had the job and she was training me or something, but English is her second language so maybe she was mixing present tense ("this is your desk") and conditional tense ("this could be your desk if I decide you're not an idiot"). But then she lost me. One minute we were talking about the schedule, and then the next she was saying they didn't really have a receptionist opening right now but they might in the future.

Huh??

I'm thinking it wasn't meant to be. Weird, weird, weird.

8 comments:

Monica said...

WOAH, hold the phone, way weird. Bummer.

The Miles Family said...

Wow, i'm just confused hearing about it! That's kinda crazy. Sorry things didn't quite work out, but I guess maybe that was a good thing huh?!

McKell&Janeene said...

Yeah, sounds a bit weird! I think McKell is going through intermural football withdrawls... Oh I miss sitting and "watching the games" with you! glad you are having fun in your new place though!

Lindy said...

Those crazy dentists! It's a well known fact that dentists aren't good with pretense tense vs. conditional tense; obviously this dentist has trained his/her staff to do the same.

Sorry dude! I still have a opening for friend/occasional babysitter/YW's lesson preparer. Let me know if you're interested.

The Mortensens said...

What the? I think she was using some laughing gas before you got there. Messed up her brain!

Mom said...

So how is the old ego doing?

Suzanne said...

I couldn't even make sense of the events as described in your blog post so I can't imagine how confusing that must have been to actually experience it!

(P.S. If receptionists do laundry, I am in DEFINITE need of a receptionist.)

the Allers said...

I 2nd Jones;s motion on my job openings. Only swap YW, for Primary and call it good. Also - I called your interviewer mid office tour, and told her not to hire you b/c you were moving back to UT. My bad?