Tuesday, September 23

new york, new york!

We also spent half a day or so in New York. We took the train up and walked from Penn Station to the Upper West Side. That let us see the Empire State Building, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, FAO Schwartz, Central Park, the Manhattan Temple, and the American Museum of National History. Yes, our feet hurt.

Central Park

Me and "Night at the Museum" star. That's my scared face.

The movie lover in Doug wanted to shove this piano-hogging little girl out of the way. Don't worry--he didn't.


Later we met Kate and Cameron for dinner at this sweet pizza place. It was way fun to see them, and we have to thank them for introducing us to the delectable white pizza. Somehow we missed this photo op (how??), but trust me they look happy, healthy, and wise.

To top the night off, we headed to a Yankees game! It was one of the last games in the old Yankee Stadium, so we were thrilled we scored some tickets. Our seats were as high as high could be, but they had a great view of the Bronx and the new stadium.
The Yankees managed an easy win, and I managed to sit in gum around the 5th inning (we took the subway and later the train with a layer of plastic over the gum on my butt and my longsleeve t-shirt tied around my waist hiding the tragedy--it was great).

6 comments:

KaSs said...

One day when I'm not so enormous i want to go to New York. We walked around Ikea and Walmart yesterday and my feet were HUGE!!!

kate mcneil said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Come back soon, ya hear?

Once upon a time... said...

I can tell from Doug's body language that he totally wanted to push that kid aside to play the piano! Gotta love New York in the FALL!!!

Suzanne said...

I love that Doug was sort of trying to pose for a picture with the big piano, but he just couldn't tear his eyes away.

Emy said...

Hey, your haircut is super cute!!

The Mortensens said...

I love to see the temple...