Thursday, September 11

september 11

I listened to this on NPR last year on my way home from work and I liked it.

When I think of the terrorist attacks 7 years ago, I can only think of how scared, numb, and shocked I felt that day. It was the first time our country had been attacked like that in my lifetime. So much hatred being directed at places far too close to home. Such an unnerving experience.

I wish I could look back at that naive BYU sophomore I was and say that I've grown into a mature adult today that can handle such things with greater grace. But as I sit here eating banana bread and chocolate chips for lunch, I just can't pretend I'm such a person. But I am grateful for what I learned that day. No country is invincible, horrible things happen, and unity is all we've got to save us.

Such deep thoughts for a girl that hasn't even done her hair for the day...

2 comments:

KaSs said...

This may be way off the topic, but you have a job? Where at? I hope you don't make any friends, because we aren't replaceable....

Jackie said...

Nope, no job yet.

I listened to this recording last year, whilst I was still employed.