Tuesday, October 21

i survived

I think this job is going to work! So far the people I work with seem cool, and I think the work I'll be doing will be totally doable. A little dry, perhaps, but doable.

This is by far the largest company I've ever worked for (expect maybe BYU?). The "campus" where I work has seven buildings, and I'm on the fourth floor of my building. There's a snack area on each floor and a cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch (picture it packed like a high school cafeteria but with a bunch of grown-ups wearing business casual). Hilarious.

Since I don't have a computer yet, today I don't have to go in until this afternoon. I suppose this is slowly helping me transition from the stay-at-home-wife to the crap-I-have-to-work-full-time-again-employee. Awesome.

7 comments:

Lindy said...

Yay/yea! I'm glad it went well. Just be careful not to fall in with the "foosball during lunch crowd." They are always bad news. Hope you have a good second day!

The Mortensens said...

I hear the second day is always better than the first. So...enjoy!

p.s. take it easy in the snack room will ya!

KaSs said...

I'm so glad it went well! I wish Provo Craft served breakfast and lunch... or i just wish that the lunch room didn't smell like vomit.

The Barnos said...

Sounds great! Any place w/ lots of food can't be that bad, right?

Kate McNeil said...

Yay for paychecks! This might sound weird but I've always wanted to work for a huge corporation like that. They just take care of you better. I've spent way too long in small-staffed, crumbling buildings. Enjoy the job! Stay-at-home-wifing is way overrated. I was about to tear my hair out in my two weeks of unemployment.

Meagan said...

congrats on your new job. And I agree that a place with lots of food is never a bad thing.

Greg said...

new job=fun. congratulations. i agree with kass about the pc break room. it did smell like vomit. are the new coworkers cool enough to eat lunch with?