Thursday, October 30

the new job: things to like...

- having a computer! (finally!)
- remembering I actually DO know how to use a PC, although the PC-at-work-but-Mac-at-home trick really messes with my mind. And my fingers
- hearing "ya'll" regularly in meetings
- using IM for internal company communications... everybody does it
- getting hot chocolate on the second floor from the loudest machine you've ever heard
- working on the floor that has conference rooms all named after animals... Californian Condor, Tamarin, and Duiker (see photo) are some of my favorites
- knowing another building has conference rooms that are all named after dragons... Puff, Falkor that one from the Never Ending Story, etc. No, I'm not kidding.

7 comments:

McKell&Janeene said...

Ha ha, and I thought our Conference rooms were clever... they are all named after the companies we own...we are boring! I am going to talk to my boss and get this changed...maybe we could use Disney Characters. :)

Monica said...

Cool job!

Suzanne said...

We used to have office space in a place that had conference rooms named after all the oceans. Pacific, Atlantic, Baltic, etc.

Dragsons are much, much cooler.

KaSs MiLeS said...

i love the conference room thing. i should try to implement that here at Provo Craft. :0)

Emy said...

Ooh, I was doing the PC-at-work and Mac-at-home thing too, and it took awhile for me to wrap my brain around it!

AnnaYoung said...

I'm curisou as to the other dragon room names. What others are there? the one from Shrek? Does she have a name? A Chinese dragon, a japanese dragon. . . I must know Jackie. What are the other dragon conference rooms called?!

The Mortensens said...

Awesome!