Tuesday, November 11

brothers don't shake hands...

... brothers gotta hug.

We loved having Ben (Doug's bro) here last weekend. Here are the highlights:
- Doug and Ben played racquetball, a Doug and Ben tradition.
- Our ward had a pinewood derby for the adult men, and the car Ben and Doug made together got fourth place. Not bad!


- Ben ran 10 miles. Doug and I slept in.
- We visited Belle Isle for the first time. It's an island in the middle of the James River. You walk across a suspension bridge that's hanging below a stretch of the highway that crosses the river. On the island there are paths for hiking and biking, but we liked the huge rocks in the river the best.





- We hit up Maymont park, this sweet park in the city that has animals and gardens and all kinds of cool stuff.


- We saw a movie at the lovable Byrd Theatre. The movie, "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor," was less lovable.
- We drove up to DC and dined with Janaya and Burton.

Brothers = the Best

(We found "DS love BS" on Belle Island, and we knew it was fate.)

5 comments:

Damon said...

Are you sure the DS loves BS really means what you think it means? I don't get it.
But could there be two cooler people in the world than the Shafer boys? I highly doubt it.

Katie said...

Holy cow, you got a TON of comments on your bathroom stall comment. I don't think I even have 29 friends. Wow!! So I thought I'd make my comment here instead! Looks like fun hanging out with Shafer squared. I had fun seeing brother Ben too. That DS and BS are quite the duo.

The Miles Family said...

Ahh...they are so happy to be together! I love the last picture with their initials. That is fate! I had a good laugh out of that one. Their expressions are priceless! Looks like you guys did a lot while he was here. Glad you had a good time.

kennedy said...

i am thinking you should frame the last picture and you are covered for Christmas for your mother-in-law! I mean what are the odds you would find that?!

Wait...maybe you should do a survey and find out what those odds are.

btw: you are hilarious - i wish we were related!

The Mortensens said...

son of a...why do teenagers have to take over your computer?

the last comment was from ME - your favorite sister!