Monday, February 9

going to the ball

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but we're going to a ball on Friday.

Funny, no?

VCU is hosting their annual Winter Ball on February 13. It’s going to be held in Richmond’s science museum, and we consider it a great opportunity to shake our groove thangs, eat hors d’oeuvre, and score some prizes (preferably free tuition, but I bet we'll get a nice VCU wine glass instead).

However, finding an outfit has become surprisingly stressful. I refuse to wear a prom dress and most people don't anyway, but how do you pick an outfit that’s worthy of a ball? A dance, sure. But a ball?!

Where’s my dang fairy godmother when I need her…

7 comments:

Lindy said...

I'm going to suggest you go with a purple skirt, a leopard print top, red tights with cats on them and perhaps a scrunchy in your pony. After all, the only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.

Mom said...

Lindy - you kill me! Jackie, I'm sure you could borrow Cyd's Christmas shirt......no accessories needed for that baby. Talk about the belle of the ball!

KaSs MiLeS said...

fancy! you'll have to post pics of the dress you do choose. :0)

janaya said...

perhaps you could dust of the ol' wedding dress. just a thought. not a serious though, but a thought nonetheless.

the Allers said...

This may or may not surprise you, but I have a closet full of formals. I can send you one if you want. Or might I suggest a mini-skirt?

I also have one fancy wedding dress available. I'm sure you'd be a hit, veil and all.

PS. never been more jealous.

Monica McCoy said...

Yeah, how come we have to pay 40,000 dollars to go to a ball, but the education is free??? Totally get you on this one.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Did you ever find a sequin top? I think you should totally wear the dress you showed me! (and your going to go get me one too right?)