Wednesday, February 11

i have no explanation

I had to call our IT services today, and the lady helping me needed to look me up by last name. I kept telling her “Shafer” and then spelling it, but she couldn’t find me. She even kept confirming the spelling, and every time I’d say yes. After seriously 3 or 4 minutes of this, she confirmed the spelling with me one more time. As I automatically started to say “That’s correct,” my brain triggered an alarm.

It was then that I realized the whole time I had been spelling it “S-c-h-f-e-r.” No a, and suddenly with a c.

What the…?!?

8 comments:

The Barnos said...

In your defense it's only been like 2 years, right? But also not in your defense-you're kinda dumb.
JUST KIDDING!!! (i think....)

kev&chels said...

that's pretty funny:)

jen and michael said...

How does Doug feel about this?

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

How was it correcting yourself for her? I would've just hung up and called back hoping to get a different person.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I got a call from our bank a few weeks back because I signed a check Jessica Dunlop! Ummm...I have been married 14 1/2 years! What the???

Suzanne said...

HA! Hahahaha! And HA!

You just made my morning, Mrs. Schfer.

Lindy said...

Ha! That's heavenly.

the meyersons said...

What time does the movie start?

P.S. Only a Dunlop would get that line as a joke. Other people would think..."Oh they are going to the movies. Wonder if they will get popcorn."