Some of my personal online laughter favorites are
- hahahahaha: Used for legitimate funniness. It implies long, steady laughter. Put it in all caps and people know that you’re really having a good time.
- LOL: Laugh out loud. Popular with 14-year-olds, but I’m not above using this classic abbreviation. It's ideal for those of us that are cursed with an ugly, open-mouthed mostly-silent laugh.
- HA!: A surprised laugh that sounds just like it looks: uncomfortably loud yet sincere.
- Ja ja ja: Regular laughter en Espanol.
- JK: Just kidding. A great way to get away with saying whatever you want (“You really do drive me nuts—jk!”)
Yeah, "ha"“ha”? That’s a new one. Is that how you show fake laughter? Is it a half-hearted laugh? Or was he laughing but having fun with quotation marks at the same time?
I'd like to be optimistic, but I have a feeling he may have been mocking me.