Friday, May 8

apartment denial

Like any self-respecting non-homeowner, we’re in denial that we live in an apartment (well, technically it’s a “townhouse apartment,” but you sound like a dork if you say that in a normal sentence). So even though our townhouse apartment yard consists of cement patios and grassy areas that don’t belong to us, last Saturday we established a garden anyway.


Behold flowers, tomatoes, cilantro, and beans in an attractive series of pots and planters.

The setup is a little homely, but we’re still quite attached.

7 comments:

Matt said...

I applaud.

KaSs MiLeS said...

your brave, i dont dare plant anything, i'd probably kill it. although, story's still alive. that patio is huge!

Liz Smith said...

good for you!!! anything i try to grow doesnt have a very happy ending.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I knew you had a green thumb! We did carrots in a pot once. Kennedy loved it!

The Barnos said...

That's great. I do have to ask though, I clicked on the one pic and it showed Doug in a very sad state. He seemed a little depressed-does he not like gardening? :)

AnnaYoung said...

Three Words: The Bountiful Container.

Maybe that would be considered two words since its a book title, but seriously, look it up. I plan on violating agricultural laws to get some seeds over here to make my containers bountifl next year. . . I missed the planting season and I can't buy japanese seeds becuase I don't know what I"m planting or how to make them turn out right.

But seriously, the book is more than awesome.

Stacey said...

Ben and I saw this in Pizza Schmizza. Why are apartments called apartments when they are all slammed together? Deep thoughts . . .