Saturday, May 28

sherando lake

Not my picture, but gorgeous, eh?

During Doug's time off we camped at beautiful Sherando Lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We had the pleasure of going with the Miles family, and we enjoyed smore-making, lake-ing, fishing, and having close encounters with wildlife.

Brit camped 8 almost 9 months pregnant. Give that woman a medal!

The lake is seriously so pretty... it's really well kept and it was so great to see mountains again (they ain't the Rockies, but I'll take it).



We saw lizards and tadpoles swimming in the lake, but when we saw this snake we decided we were done. Yikes.

The weather was great except for the earth-shattering thunderstorm that came through in the night. We really tested our tent's capabilities. Miraculously, the kids slept through it all so it could have been much worse.
This picture doesn't do the view justice. Plus, our faces kinda ruin it... but believe me, it's breathtaking.

We had a fabulous time, but I couldn't help thinking again and again, "Camping is a lot of work." Oh well, it's worth it in the end!

PS- How cute are these kids?! Their laughs kill me.

12 comments:

Megan said...

Fun! And I love the video of the kids at the end--what great laughs. Addy's shoes in the video also kill me. They're so cute!

The Fox Family said...

ahaha! that video is so cute.

Chelsey said...

That video is too cute! Addy just has the cutest personality and giggle. Love it.

Suzanne said...

Can I please have Addy? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Katie said...

That looks like lots of fun! Those kiddos are so stinkin' cute playing all together. I had to watch it a few times.

Charity Brown said...

that snake freaks me out! how long was it???

Michal Thompson said...

I could watch that a million times.

The Miles Family said...

Always a good time with the Shafers!!
I do love that video of the kiddos. Addy was so silly and Camdyn SO has her dad's laugh! :)

Matt and Ness said...

Her Dad's laugh? Haha. It's a good laugh for sure.

Stacey said...

Love Miss Addie with her friends. So cute! Snake, not so much. I bet your skin crawls just looking at the picture. Hee hee!

Dallings said...

Oh I miss those kiddies. They are minnie versions of their even more awesome parents. Thank you for helping us move right after your camping trip. Your company made a big difference.

Sarah said...

So is camping really worth it? I've been too scared to try with kiddos. I'm hoping pitching the tent on our patio will count. But it looks like you guys had a great time so maybe that's enough motivation to get me out into the wild.