Friday, September 2

hey, where's perry?

Perry is what we're calling this kid, short for Parasite. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, and the due date is March 24. That's just 6 weeks or so before we move, so it's going to be ca-razy but good. Right, RIGHT?!
I have been sick and Doug's been gone a lot doing rotations at clinics in rural parts of Virginia. So here's how we've been coping:

- Watching an unhealthy amount of TV. Thank goodness for Sesame Street on Netflix and home videos on the computer.
- Eating what I can when I can... Doug got me this candy bouquet one weekend before he left for a week (I can't have fresh flowers in the house thanks to my allergies).
- Pretty much letting Addy do whatever she wants. Breaking that habit is going to be a blast!

We really are so excited, and we know time is going to fly before he/she arrives. Bring it on, baby!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

LOVE the fetus "nickname." Wade also approves. I recommend getting as much "packing" done before Perry makes his/her arrival. And, of course, we'll help. :)

Emily said...

Gotta love netflix!

We moved with an 8 week-old once... definitely crazy. I'm not sure if that was better or worse than moving 6 weeks before a birth...

Kadi said...

Oh Jackie. I wish I was there and could help you. So, just keep eating what you want and watch as much tv as you can, it's fine, it's great. Addy will be fine, in fact she will be able to answer questions on her act only because of certain episodes she watched on tv! I promise. I can't wait for another little Dackie or Joug, whichever way you want to say it! It's going to be awesome!!! Feel better!!

Kadi said...

Oh and moving stinks no matter what, so...I should totally come and help you guys! I'm a professional by now, right?!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Uh...love the candy bouquet! Genius! You should get a little kiddie pool for the back porch for Addy! Water entertains for hours!!!! That way you can just sit there and be a LOAD while soaking your feet! Not that I did that or anything...

McKell&Janeene said...

Yippee! Congrats! We are so excited for you!

Lindy said...

If you let Addy take driver's ed then she can drive you to the store to pick up more candy while Dougie's gone. See how that works? Also, will Perry have a secret lair?

Danielle and Brian said...

YEAH!!! congrats you three..or should I say four!! thats so awesome. hope that you are feeling well!

Furniss Family said...

That is just so exciting! I think we will all be so busy in the next 8.5 months, the time will just fly by! I love seeing Addy in the diaper, too cute!! That girl is a doll!

Tiffany said...

So I may have missed this but have you guys decided where you're going to live?