Friday, April 20

thank you, baby


Grace is still enjoying celebrity status at our house, and this week she really earned it: the girl took a bottle right away like it was no big deal. HOLLA! No crying, no resisting, and she's still happy to nurse.

We had to practically pay Addy to take a bottle, so this rocked our worlds.

PS- For those that care, Gracie is still dealing with the atomic spit up. We've been giving her Zantac for over a week and a half now, but it's only helping a little bit. Since she's gaining weight, the doctor said she may just be one of those kids that spits up a ton. "It's not a medical condition... it's a laundry issue." I hope that means the doctor's coming over to do a load for me today.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I feel your pain in the spit-up department. Both our kids were champion pukers. Might I recommend something that saved us? Babies R Us has an awesome 10 or 12 pack of cotton bibs. Granted, we never saw their cute outfits, but at least I wasn't changing them 100x a day.

CYD said...

HOORAY!!! for the whole bottle thing, not the puking. that kinda sucks. you rock Graceland! (yep, just made that up and it's going to stick!)

Christopher and Leslie Parker Lheron said...

Yahoo for the bottle!! YAY! But poor little baby Gracie tummy! You know I am a crazy all natural gal. I wanted to tell you that I have had lots of my friends with babies that were serious pukers. Lots, that have gone to the naturopathic doctors have found its a food allergy of some sort. Bad news is that most MD Dr. don't really know much about that. Clears up instant once you know what foods to avoid for awhile. Worth a try right? Pretty cool and maybe your laundry wont be so bad after all. :)

Brittany said...

Awesome she takes a bottle so well! Not awesome about the spit up. Livy practically soaks her crib sheet every night with the stuff. I wake up and she's basically lying in a puddle. Terrible, terrible. I hope it gets better for you.

Liz Smith said...

my sister's baby had a spit up issue too. it was a pain. for him it was just the first few weeks though. hopefully she gets over it fast. she is so cute! glad she will take the bottle so you can get some help with feedings.

Emily said...

Yuck on the spit-up issue. All of my kiddos have been spit-up babies, but some worse than others. The one who had it the worst, was also my chunkiest baby. We did discover (eventually) that he had a dairy sensitivity. When I had ice cream, or too many cheesy potatoes he would spit up more. Thankfully, I didn't have to totally eliminate dairy to get his spit-up under control... just be cautious.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

sigh...just love those cute feet! What a super kid taking a bottle and all! I bet if I fed her she wouldn't puke...just saying.