Wednesday, May 30

moving bites

Last week we said good-bye to Virginia. It was an exhausting week full of packing, cleaning, and one farewell after another.

We're excited for the adventure ahead, but MAN I've loved living in VA. After a couple trips there in high school, I'd always wanted to live there. Well, done and done. I'll miss the history, the scenery, the shopping, the beach, the ya'lls, and most of all the people.

So now we're on the road, taking a few weeks to drive cross-country and visit family. If you need us, we're the homeless family driving in the middle of the country somewhere.


7 comments:

Brittany said...

Good luck with everything! If you're ever in Tennessee, we'd love to see you.

Liz Smith said...

if you feel like taking a detour in chicago, your welcome at our house! :)

Liz Smith said...

the doug could catch a cubs game....just sayin! :)

melissa said...

Aww, moving is so hard. It's ok if you shed a few or a million tears. I've been in Santa Rosa for over a year now and I still get choked up thinking of that time we moved away. Have fun driving! And driving, and driving, and driving... Maybe someday we'll actually do a little gal's get-together now that you're on the west coast, talka talk?

Furniss Family said...

Miss you guys already too! It was an amazing 4 years! I'm so happy we could go through Dental School together and we just luv you guys!! Good luck in your travels and give us a call when you to Utah or Idaho!! Hugs!

Chelsey said...

Ugh...moving. I told Tim that I want to stay in NC forever just so that we don't ever have to move again. Good-byes are always hard. I know you loved VA, but there will be many good times ahead!

Kelli and Dana said...

Yay! Come back to the Northwest. We promise to warm up before you get here:)