Friday, August 17

karma

Whoever said the South was bad for spiders clearly hadn't lived in the Northwest. Holy. Shnikeys.

We finally got our act together the other day and sprayed around our foundation and in the garage to stop them from creeping us out in the house. Well this morning I walked into the garage barefoot to do something really quick (barefoot... do you see where this is going?). I felt a crunch as I stepped down, and sure enough... I had crushed a dead, shriveled up spider. And it was squished onto my foot. As in, THE FLESH OF MY BODY.

Words can't describe the squeamish feelings that surged through my body in the 2 seconds it took to frantically scrape the remains off of my foot. I'm STILL cringing when I think about it.

But I have to admit, as much as it bothered me, I took it as karma for killing them all off. I guess the spiders had their revenge in the end.

SICK.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Gross!!! I'm squirming for you now. I hate spiders. The worst place for spiders that we ever lived was our basement apartment in Provo.

Traci M said...

hahahahaha I shouldn't laugh, I know. I'm sorry. But I hate spiders too! We have more than our fair share here, and they're black widows! Creepy things.

Karisa and John said...

Eeesh! Even after 6 years of roughing it annually at girls camp, I still HATE everything about spiders. Glad you survived!

Bone Junior said...

I just threw up in my mouth.

the Allers said...

This has to be my most favoritest post of all time. Thanks Jack.