Sunday, November 18

800 posts

This is post numero 800 for our blog. Yes, folks, 800! When I started this blog almost exactly 6 years ago, we were newly married and looking for a way to give our families updates on our extremely important lives.

Blogging was also the new thing with a bunch of our friends, and soon all our siblings and all the cool kids had blogs. We were all showing off our weekends, sharing hilarious youtube videos, tagging each other to do surveys, and occasionally bearing our souls. Blogs were all the rage.

The more and more I blogged, the more I realized I needed it. At first I thought I just needed the attention, but then I saw that it was more than that—I needed a creative writing outlet. Somewhere that I could write pretty much whatever I wanted without worrying about rules, quality, or grammar (there, I admit it).

A lot has changed in 6 years. We've gone from being an editor and a student, to a mother and a dentist. Our numbers have doubled. We've moved from one coast to another, endured heartache and trials, gained a lot of weight, and discovered a lot of joy.

Today, blogs like ours are a dying breed. While I doubt this blog will ever see another 800 posts, I have to say I've been grateful for the ride.

So with that, enjoy this list of the best of dougandjackie.blogspot.com:

the default pose

what I think about when work is slow

sometimes you break a window and find a mouse in your apartment in the same day

photo booth

fun with jackie and doug

indian grandma

the bitter, the sweet

because we're really good parents...

tornado

i'd never fit in in saudi arabia

getting gracie

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I definitely disappeared from the entire blogosphere, but I'm so glad you didn't. LOVE YOU!