Sunday, October 27

trunk or treat, yo

Pan and the gang hit up the Ward Halloween Party last night. You know the routine--chili cook-off, costume parade, trunk or treat. Done, done, and done. The crocodile and Tinker bell walked off with a ton of loot, and Peter ROCKED those tights. Great night.



But really, it wasn't that simple. I was one of the few in charge of the whole shebang, and frankly I'm glad it's over. In the past 6 years, I've done the trunk or treat 5 times. It's not awful, but it starts to suck the Halloween life out of you.

One trick we learned for the chili cook-off is to put out small Dixie cups next to the bowls. That way people can try a bunch of different chilis or soups without using full bowls and wasting a lot of chili. 

To explain the idea to people I wrote this poem. It semi-worked, so I'll call it a semi-success.



I also have to give mad props to a few ladies in the ward that put together this spider web extravaganza in the corner of the gym. It was quirky and funny and loved by all.


Until next year, trunk or treat! I have my fingers crossed that I won't be in charge...

1 comment:

Katie Chandler said...

Nice poem! I've definitely seen some chili wasted, cups would have been a fantastic idea.