Thursday, February 24

addy's full-time jobs

Addy has a slew of things that she does so methodically and so seriously every day that I've started referring to them as her full-time jobs.

These jobs include

a. Pulling all the books off her shelf


b. Pulling the DVDs off the shelf (Doug has them arranged alphabetically and by genre... it's safe to say he loathes this job)


c. Shoving the Costco size conditioner into the tub and making such a loud noise that I nearly have cardiac arrest every. single. time.


Other full-time jobs:
- Rearranging my shoes in the closet
- Pulling everything out of the diaper bag
- Putting her plastic spoons in and out of the dishwasher (and in and out again)

She's so good at doing these things every day, that I hope somebody is remembering to give her a paycheck. In fact, I hope she's not afraid to ask for a raise... she deserves it.

11 comments:

McKell&Janeene said...

She is so cute! It sounds like it may be time for that raise, as I am sure her list of daily jobs will grow. We stopped alphabetizing our movies a long time ago, Koree pulled them off and mixed them up way too often. :)

Katie said...

It looks like she is VERY good at what she does. Hopefully her raise will at least be in your tax return this year! I'm impressed with Doug's alphabetizing skills. He should get paid to to that daily as well.

Lindy said...

I love her jobs! I think it's amazing that she's so dedicated at such a young age. Great work ethic.

Joy and Ted said...

Welcome to toddlerhood!!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

All in a days work! Wait until she discovers the drawers!!!!!

melissa said...

What a hard little worker! Rush is very good at pulling out all of his toys/books as soon as I've cleaned them all up. It's like, "Thanks, Mom! Now I know where everything is, so now I can get it ALL out again RIGHT NOW!" The more mobile Rush got, the more things got moved up high and the more child door covers were placed throughout the house. I think that now there are only 2 doors left uncovered: his bedroom door and my bedroom door (since sometimes the baby monitor doesn't pick up his calls for Mom). Some may think I've overdone it, but my life is just easier that way.

Unknown said...

Cute girl. Thanks again for letting her come play today. She is welcome any time, as long as she knows that her jobs are not allowed at our house! And what's with your fancy tile in your bathroom?

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm surprised playing in the toilet isn't on this list, it was certainly on story's. We finally started closing the door.

Suzanne said...

Words can not describe how much I love that baby's crazy hair.

Levi also loves loading the dishwasher. Babies are so helpful.

Emily Gibbons said...

Will has the same jobs. No kidding. He does all those things, all the time. I guess this proves they were meant for each other.

Michal Thompson said...

I am with you on the shampoo in the tub thing. I think it is her head everytime!