Friday, June 8

i dropped a woman's shirt in the toilet

So I dropped a woman's shirt in the toilet the other day. At work they needed someone (i.e. me...sigh...) to pose for a shot wearing a certain type of shirt. A woman I sick next to had on such a shirt with a hoodie over top, so she went and took off the shirt and just zipped up her hoodie until I safely returned said shirt.

So I went into the bathroom to change, stepped into the stall, rested the shirt on the toilet paper holder, turned to close and lock the stall door, and knocked the shirt into the toilet.

DAAAAAAAAAAAANGIT!

I grabbed it immediately, but not before the entire sleeve got soaked. I stood there forever trying to magically dry it with paper towels, hoping I could dry it, wear it, and all would be well in the world. But I couldn't fight the grossness of it, and I resigned to the fact that I just had to tell her.

Fortunately she just laughed with me and seemed mostly relieved that the toilet water was "clean." Unfortunately, everyone else laughed at me and brought it up a lot in very clever ways. Sometimes it bites to be an idiot.

You pretty much get an idea of our week from that. Except Doug also turned in his big kahoona dental school application (yes!), which I'd have to say is significantly cooler than dropping a shirt into a public toilet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just naming it the poo shirt, "clean" water or not.

AnnaYoung said...

Props for even trying to dry it off! I would have pinched the farthest thread from the wet sleeve and handed it back to the lady very apologetically.

At least your work toilets seem sanitary. Most of ours don't flush all the way so there are shredded toilet paper and other 'goodies' in the "clean" water. (hhhuuuuueeehhh!!-->That's my throw-up noise).

Morgan said...

awesome job on the shirt, and congrats to Doug!

whitney said...

how completely mortifying! that's totally awesome... :)

Bone Junior said...

For some reason, this reminds me of the time Karissa Babbel washed her hair in the airport bathroom but found out that it was an automatic-flushing toilet. Love you guys!

CYD said...

I have no comment. That is so nasty and hilarious...

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Hey Jack, remember when you dropped that lady's shirt it the toilet...that was so freakin funny!

All I can say is...PUREL!!!!