Dear Tax Guy Dressed Up Like the Statue of Liberty on the Street Corner,
Whatever you are getting paid, it is not enough.
Sincerely,
J. Shafer
PS- I'm proud of you for not smiling anymore when I pass you on my way home each day. What's the point, right?
12 comments:
Maybe a picture could be of some use? I picture of him...for me.
and while you're at it, maybe throw in some pics of the people with pizza signs dancing like their lives depended on it. :)
So that's not just in Fresno, huh? I also sometimes wonder if the Statue of Liberty guy gets paid more or less than the Uncle Sam guy.
I mean the Uncle Sam guys DOES have to wear enormous platform shoes, so it'd only be fair to compensate him for that...
Oh man! Makes me wonder what the heck he is thinking hour after hour. Could you stop and ask him for me?
awww. that guy makes me depressed. so sad.
Oh my! I work right down the way from them... and let me just say I have thought the same thoughts that you have so many times. I also have to say that there is one man who is a slight bit creepy and always stares a little bit too long when he is trudging by our window on his way to/from his post on the road. Yikes!
that job must be truly humbling. question... does seeing a guy dressed up as the statue of liberty honestly make anyone want to actually get their taxes done at that establishment?
We ALSO have a frightening Statue of Liberty guy down the street and "he" freaks me out! The guy (yes it's a man dressed as lady liberty) is wearing green makeup and all. Someone needs to let them know he's hurting business! Even Ty thinks he's freaky, but he still waves to be nice!
I shall try to document this photographically, but I make no promises. :)
Gary just laughed hard at your post. We have exchanged a few comments in our car regarding the liberty tax guy recently. You have basically summed them up in your kind letter to him.
Jenn, you don't remember the tax guy on the corner dressed up like the statue of liberty?? And really, why that particular costume, do you think??
So, this is sad, acutally, but yesterday in Phoenix one of those Statue of Liberty Tac Sign waving guys was shot by some crazy (he was an innocent bystander, the crazy was aiming for someone else).
So, no, if gettign shot is a 'hazard of the trade', those guys definitely do not get paid enough!
Post a Comment