Thursday, May 8

ostratized

The other day at lunch I was talking passionately about one of General Robert E. Lee'ss right-hand men, General Longstreet (you had to be there). I was feeling really sincere and educated until I caught myself saying that Longstreet was "ostratized" for years after the war.

My brain sent an alarm, but it was too late to correct myself. Oh well, so much for sounding smart and so much for caring about the Civil War...

11 comments:

Lindy said...

I have to admit I love slash hate it when that happens! I hope you are ostratized by your colleagues now.

Monica McCoy said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing!!!

the meyersons said...

What time does the movie start?

KaSs MiLeS said...

sounds smart to me, i have no idea what you're talking about! :0)

AnnaYoung said...

I was really confused for a long time, thinking "what's the matter? was the man NOT ostracized? And who is this fellow anyways? Maybe I"M the dummy! I wonder if it's a Civil War "you had to be there" sort of thing?"

THEN I got it : )

jen and michael said...

oh no, dont know when to use the ostatized phrase!

jen and michael said...

nice talking to you...person!

jen and michael said...

...pal...

jen and michael said...

buckaroo!

Unknown said...

Oh no, words are commin' outta my mouth

greg & allyson said...

i was in a religion class at byu talking about how someone had apostasized. i thought the comment was well-thought out and relevant until the punk in front of me told me it was "apostatized" in front of the whole class. after class, he said he couldn't bear to see me embarass myself in front of the whole class. i let him know that he did that for me and displayed a certain finger. not very christian of me.