This weekend we managed to check one of those items off the list: Visit Zion's National Park. We went with Doug's cousins Rendon and Madeline and Madeline's friend Rachel. We had a fabulous time! Highlights included finding a totally top secret yet awesome campsite, driving "almost" around the beautiful Kolob reservoir (the road isn't a complete circle... which we eventually discovered), and hiking the freaking awesome narrows (a watery hike through a canyon... SO COOL).
Oh Utah... we're so ready to leave, yet we'll miss thee all the same.
12 comments:
Totally jealous and kicking ourselves for not making the same list.
Looks amazing!
oh my gosh, how fun! I did that hike about 6 years ago and we did the whole 16 mile hike. Crazy but cool!
I'm so glad you guys came out unscathed! I lost my cheap, pink tinted sunglasses to the Narrows in 2002.
Isn't it weird how you are sooo ready to leave Utah, but so sad at the same time? Plus, aren't you going to miss the chocolate covered cinna bears?
A few things to note:
I like Doug's Zoolander pose
I don't like Doug's "all BYU attire"
I wonder how PG would have faired in the Narrows....he likes water.....
PS to Jones - when its time for the Allers to leave UT, it "will not be so sad at the same time"
Dear Doughty:
I also like Doug's Zoolander pose
We're proud to be cougars, and we're happy to accept an excessive amount of free BYU t-shirts
I think PG would have totally loved the narrows, especially when I picture him in a tiny tiny PG swim trunks
And the PS? Famous last words!!
SO FUN!!! Seriously, looks like an awesome time. I'm glad there were no flash floods like I had nightmares about...though you were hiking through some pretty deep water...hmmm. Good times! Isn't it weird how you can be so excited to leave a place, but yet so sad? I still have the same emotions...glad to be gone, but missing it all the same. Glad your home safe and had a great time!
whoo hoo! i'm so happy it was so hot. we'll miss you when you leave.
Looks like a blast! Like I said...Utah is the best place to vacation!
no, don't leave utah! who's gonna let me come over and hog the computer??
So fun! What was the name of the campsite? We're planning on going to Zion's in September. Oh and did you get Doug's shirt? We hung it to your door in a bag. Thanks!
I love Zions! That looks like so much fun...I was looking at your pictures though and I realized something I wanted to tell you. I was in Madeline's ward last September to December! Small world.
I can't believe you guys! Don't worry, Dave doesn't know...yet.
Post a Comment