Monday, September 13

a saturday afternoon

I know Doug loves me when he lets me plan our Saturday afternoon:
- Visit Jamestown
- Shop at the outlets
- Miss watching the BYU game live (Doug had to watch it later Tivo style)

John Smith, governor of the first permanent English settlement in the Americas

Pocahontas, who probably regrets to this day befriending those English chaps

John Rolfe giving us the tour himself (nice pants!)

Doug having Addy poke his eyes out for him

He's a good sport.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

just to clarify- did you intentionally plan on missing the game or that just happened due to circumstance? i hope it was intentional :) regardless, looks like a fun day!

The Miles Family said...

You guys sure do know how to spend your weekends! How fun. I'm in the mood for some historical stuff this fall.

Jackie said...

Jenna, my answer is maybe yes, maybe no. :)

Lindy said...

Wow--all we did was meet some friends from out of town at an all-you-can eat style fried chicken restaurant called "Babe's". If you think I googled just the word babes to get the address, you'd be correct. If you think I was a little shocked at the search results, you'd also be correct.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Sweet! Sometimes I want to poke Doug in the eye...especially when he chases me around camp with his urine in a gatorade bottle! Thanks Addy for having my back!

Douglas Shafer said...

Jess, you're a wuss and a drama queen