Sunday, April 29
portlandia, here we come!
So it's time to make this blog-official: Doug has a job!
He'll be working as an associate dentist for our brother-in-law, Ben, a dentist in Hillsboro, Oregon. Doug is thrilled that he gets to work in private practice for such a successful, well-running office. Plus, he gets to keep wearing scrubs (a/k/a pajamas) every day to work, and he'll be allowed to do dental work without a professor breathing down his neck. What's not to love?
Hillsboro is a beautiful, moderate-sized city about 20 miles west of Portland. We'll be super close to family: the same area as my sister, and 1.5 hours from Doug's parents up in Washington. We'll also have killer access to the Oregon Coast, delicious berries, gorgeous wooded areas, and extreme liberalism.
Doug's psyched to be going back home to the Pacific Northwest. I actually lived in Hillsboro for over 3 years when I was little, and I have super fond memories of it. The only reservation my grown-up self has about the area is the weather, but really... who needs sunshine? (Gulp... ME!)
Virginia has been so good to our family that we're sad to roll out of here in less than a month. But it's time we started adult life, mowing our own lawn and griping about taxes like the rest of the grown-up world.
So buckle up, Oregon... the Shafers are coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Good thing I like Oregon...I will come visit! Lucky you!
I'm so jealous, Jackie! I hope we come your way too someday. I'd kill for a little less sunshine. :) Good work, Doug!
Yay!!!!!! Congrats on a job! And on moving back to the only true coast. My cousin and his soon-to-be wife live up in Portland so maybe I'll actually come see you someday!! Love you guys!
So exciting! And you can count on a visit from us about once a year:)
that is so exciting! Getting a job out of grad school feels like winning the lotto!
so exciting! we have family that lives in that area. ive heard its a great place to live and so beautiful. i'm sure you guys will love it. We've been meaning to go visit them, so if we do, you can be certain you'll be getting a call from us to come see you! :D
Yay! We can come see you!
So excited to have you here!
Yay! You will be converted to the North-West in no time! So exciting to be done with school.
Seattle is quick trip - we'll have to meet up!
You guys are so fortunate to moving to the promised land, so glad you didn't end up on the other side of the bridge in Washington state, that would have sucked so bad!
Post a Comment