Thursday, October 18

ben & whit

Sigh... this week the inevitable happened: Ben and Whitney moved. AND they took their kids with them! (the NERVE!)

It's safe to say both Doug and I are hating this. Don't get us wrong--we're way happy that Ben scored a great job and that he's done with his Master's. And we're way happy that they're happy they're headed to Cali and that they have new and exciting things ahead of them. But... we just wish that they could have moved the same day we did or something. We're going to miss them like crazy.

We're going to miss sitting with them at church. We're going to miss running over there for a minute and staying late into the night. We're going to miss hanging out playing nerts on their coffee table. We'll miss chasing the boys around and around their apartment. We'll miss looking for their car to see if they're home when I drive by, and sending a shout out or a honk when I see them out front. We'll miss their generosity and their continual willingness to help us out when we were in a bind. We'll miss watching Apple Trailers and music videos and YouTube together. We'll miss their laughs and their freaking good senses of humor.

Doug will miss playing raquetball with Ben and hanging out with him at lunch. I'll miss laughing with Ben and hearing his enthusiasm for his family, his Mac, and his life in general. I'll miss seeing Whit in RS and chatting with her in her apartment. I'll miss yoga class and dinners together. We'll miss seeing Whit running along the road (man, she's good at running), and we'll miss seeing Ben and Whit tease each other.

We'll miss Joel's little laugh and his huge smile. We'll miss hearing him call our names from across the chapel. We'll miss hearing him talk really seriously about important topics like cars and trains. We'll miss his games and his sideways look. We'll miss Kadin's sweet little voice and the way his face lights up when he gets excited. We'll miss hearing him say, "I wanna watch Incredibles" or our names (which coincidentally sound exactly alike when he says them). We'll miss cuddling with them and squeezing their cute little faces.

Sigh... I guess you catch our drift--they'll be missed. It's just so good to have family like them around...

6 comments:

the Allers said...

I concur - and will raise Jackie's sigh to a sigh squared. Ben and Whit, we hardly knew ye! Thanks for being awesome and good luck!

janaya said...

awww... church... this sunday is going to be so depressing! :( maybe we should bring some toy cars and board-books to keep ourselves entertained! :)

Morgan said...

amen Jackie, a-men!

Kadi said...

Oh, I hate goodbyes...why does everything stink so much...I'm so sad for you guys...all you guys. The BenjaWhitty family is the best. You guys are the best too. Pity party for you all...and me too, because after reading that I'm sad again that I missed out on all the fun times!

whitney said...

jeez you guys... stop making me sad! all of you! :) thanks for the wonderful tribute. we love you guys so much and we will miss you ever so much. it just can't be true that we won't see you until next summer. i guess we'll just have to figure something out so we don't have to wait that long. love you!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

You made me cry. I'm an emotional, fragile, pregnant chic and you made me cry. Not nice! I suggest a warning at the top of the blog next time. WARNING: Emotional Content