Jackie-do you make homemade granola too? And if you start catching rainwater in buckets all over the yard to water indoor plants we need to talk. But I am proud of you for not using the plastic bags. I was just putting a ton of them away yesterday and thought what a waste it was!
Here's the problem with that--don't you have to bring like 15 bags with you? I mean, how many of these do you really have? And what about when you have tons of kids and spend $300 everytime you go to the grocery store? Do you just bring 60 bags? I really am for conservation--I'm just trying to figure out the logistics.
I think you could work yoru way up to the "tons of kids" and "60 bags" point, plus by that time, the older kids are probably big enough to carry a bag or two on their own, no? ANd if you're walking around with a cart in teh store anyways, its not like you have to lug all those rebags around with you : ) GO Earth!
(in case no one's noticed, my pregnancy has turned me into a COMPLETE hippie. . . I'm not sure I can stop. . . I'll need an intervention if I start a drum circle, just giving you all a heads up)
My first instinct is to spin you around and hold you by the arm and say "NOW who's asking the questions??"
But then my next instinct is to answer with this: our bags hold slightly more than a brown paper bag (so really they hold quite a bit). We have 6 or 7 bags that we can just carry in with us, leave in the cart as we shop, and then hand to the bagger. If we were to run out of our bags, we could always use the plastic bags for back up. It's really quite painless.
I see, I see. I like it. I'm just picturing when my mom throws open the door and yells, "Groceries!" and then we have to spend hours unloading more food than imaginable. But I see from The Hipster Anna's comment that is something you work up to. You girls are so wise.
My child is pulling things out of the bedroom garbage to put in her mouth. Mother of the year.
Dude - those are the bomb! I was thinking to myself today that I needed some reusable bags, (as I was washing our Ziploc freezer bags for resuse mind you) Then we can hug trees and wear our birks together.
you rock jackie! i have me one of those big, blue bags from ikea and i use it for everything. i've never thought of using it for groceries, though. it might be too big for that. but i take it to the mall and put all my purchases in it, and it works great for when we go on a trips because you can fit practically everything you own in it, including your kids. and, of course, i take it when i visit ikea. after all, it is the ikea "big blue bag." and it only costs 59 cents. i would recommend everyone pick one up. :)
Are you working up to being a NW tree hugger? Next you'll be eating all organic, going to the naturalpath, and riding your bike to work. I hope WA or OR accepts Douglas. You'll fit right in. Welcome to the crazy liberal living of the Pacific NW.
12 comments:
me = jealous
walmart cashier = slightly annoyed
Jackie-do you make homemade granola too? And if you start catching rainwater in buckets all over the yard to water indoor plants we need to talk.
But I am proud of you for not using the plastic bags. I was just putting a ton of them away yesterday and thought what a waste it was!
Here's the problem with that--don't you have to bring like 15 bags with you? I mean, how many of these do you really have? And what about when you have tons of kids and spend $300 everytime you go to the grocery store? Do you just bring 60 bags? I really am for conservation--I'm just trying to figure out the logistics.
I think you could work yoru way up to the "tons of kids" and "60 bags" point, plus by that time, the older kids are probably big enough to carry a bag or two on their own, no? ANd if you're walking around with a cart in teh store anyways, its not like you have to lug all those rebags around with you : ) GO Earth!
(in case no one's noticed, my pregnancy has turned me into a COMPLETE hippie. . . I'm not sure I can stop. . . I'll need an intervention if I start a drum circle, just giving you all a heads up)
Dearest Lindy,
My first instinct is to spin you around and hold you by the arm and say "NOW who's asking the questions??"
But then my next instinct is to answer with this: our bags hold slightly more than a brown paper bag (so really they hold quite a bit). We have 6 or 7 bags that we can just carry in with us, leave in the cart as we shop, and then hand to the bagger. If we were to run out of our bags, we could always use the plastic bags for back up. It's really quite painless.
I see, I see. I like it. I'm just picturing when my mom throws open the door and yells, "Groceries!" and then we have to spend hours unloading more food than imaginable. But I see from The Hipster Anna's comment that is something you work up to. You girls are so wise.
My child is pulling things out of the bedroom garbage to put in her mouth. Mother of the year.
What about number of times you haven't shaved your armpits?
Dude - those are the bomb! I was thinking to myself today that I needed some reusable bags, (as I was washing our Ziploc freezer bags for resuse mind you) Then we can hug trees and wear our birks together.
you rock jackie! i have me one of those big, blue bags from ikea and i use it for everything. i've never thought of using it for groceries, though. it might be too big for that. but i take it to the mall and put all my purchases in it, and it works great for when we go on a trips because you can fit practically everything you own in it, including your kids. and, of course, i take it when i visit ikea. after all, it is the ikea "big blue bag." and it only costs 59 cents. i would recommend everyone pick one up. :)
Are you working up to being a NW tree hugger? Next you'll be eating all organic, going to the naturalpath, and riding your bike to work. I hope WA or OR accepts Douglas. You'll fit right in. Welcome to the crazy liberal living of the Pacific NW.
fake tree hugger?
Post a Comment