Tuesday, August 10

la vacación: part 3

And last but not least, we headed down to Oregon for a partial-Dunlop reunion! We sure missed my parents and my sister Jenn's family, but the rest of the crew gathered for a camping, boating festivus at Billy Chinook in central Oregon.

Ben and Dan brought their boats ("Red Neck calling White Trash"), and we loved cruising with these babies.

The lake is HUGE and absolutely gorgeous... the rocks surrounding were so cool and we loved spying waterfalls, mountain goats, and caves along the way.

And check out Mt. Jefferson in the background. Pretty sweet.

The days were HOT and the water was "refreshing."

We all took turns playing (tubing was the most popular event), but Doug loved getting quality wakeboarding time.

Ben even taught him how to wake surf. They stand on a smallish surfboard with no bindings, and hang out on the wake right behind the boat. Ca-ra-zy.

And Addy? She was such a good girl, swimming when possible and finally accepting the discomfort that is the life jacket.

It was a great blend of camping and lake time. So fun.

9 comments:

Katie C. said...

her cheeks are so adorable sticking above the lifejacket!

melissa said...

Oh man, her face is priceless. Rush hates life jackets, too. Poor babies, life is so difficult sometimes.

Alicia said...

Addy looks exactly how I FEEL in a life jacket.

Lindy said...

That looks positively luxurious! Glad you had a fun time. And I wish Addy was wearing a life jacket in my living room right now.

the meyersons said...

Looks like a freakin awesome time. It's about time I finally see pictures of those darn hick trashy boats I've been hearing about.

I missed out but I'm super glad it was the time of your life!

Katie said...

What a fun trip. Love the names of the boats. Almost as great as Addy's cheeks!

CYD said...

aw, that was a great trip. so glad we could all go! family time is the best! especially when you're a redneck or white trash!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Man that was some good times! I think the pic of Addy's "other" cheeks needs to be seen!! Talk about chunky and cute!

Thanks for enjoying the good times with us!

Hey Doug....White Trash - Over and Out!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

"Red Neck to White Trash, where in the lake are you?" We would run around in circles so much with the tubes half the time we didn't know what direction we were headed and what direction "white trash" was. Fun times! And I learned to drive the boat. Not as enjoyable as it may seem, seat heater and all.