Tuesday, January 18

weekend highlights

- Watching lots of movies
- Checking out Yorktown, VA and enjoying the beautiful colonial town and revolutionary battlefield
- Using self control and only running into 3 stores at the outlets (that's record breaking)
- Trying out Cook-Out that just opened near us, and declaring them burger champions and milkshake geniuses
- Making truffles from our friend Rachel's recipe... oh baby!

Aaand last but not least...
- Finding a small yet dead squirrel in our dryer's duct


(We were frustrated that it takes so long for stuff to dry. This "blockage" may or may not affect its drying ability, but it does affect how I feel about all the clothes I've dried in that dryer. I'm considering burning everything and starting from scratch.)

Happy MLK, Jr. weekend to one and all.

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Well, that's just gross! Haha, maybe your clothes will dry better now!

KaSs MiLeS said...

ooooooh sick. who reached in and pulled it out unknowingly? gross gross gross!
i've been having to dry our clothes twice lately, now i'm freaking out!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I just threw up in my mouth a little!

What ELSE could be in there? I am scared...maybe this is the cause of you allergies! I say you need a screen on your hose! Or explosives...you choose!

CYD said...

SOOOO many questions.
did it smell?
who touched it?
was the corpse all linty?
when will you be doing a whole wardrobe shop? seriously?!?!?!
why?
why?
and lastly WHY?!?!?!?

Liz Smith said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

ditto to everything CYD asked.

Katie said...

So disgusting. I keep thinking about it- ever since Andrew told me about it, it keeps popping in my head. I even thought maybe there is a dead squirrel in our shower and that's why the water pressure is terrible. Dead squirrels are everywhere now in my head. Thanks Jackie, and thanks Chelsea Square for always being so thorough.

Karisa and John said...

I'm not sure if I feel sorry for the little squirrel (and his squirrel mom) or just grossed out. No offense to him, but it's his fault-- he made a bad choice.

If i were you, I'd light my closet on fire and just wear a barrel instead!

Also (on a different note), I just wanted to let you know that I've been praying for your dad (and the rest of you guys). I'm so sorry.

whitney said...

sick. sick. sick.

amen to burning it all and SHOPPING!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Yes, you definitely want me to send you clothes for Addie. Sick and wrong. I wonder if he was friends with our dead chipmunk in the winter clothes bin. Maggots and all. Sick!! I'm so grateful we have men in our lives to take care of things like this.

Furniss Family said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so gross, we also have to dry a load 3 times before the clothes are dry. I am now scared to look at the back of our dryer, yuck!!!! No wonder we all get sick so much at Chelsea, there are squirrels in our dead dryers, yuck!