Sunday, March 25

day de driving

Saturday was a fun day. Full of a lot of driving, but fun. I headed up early to Salt Lake to attend the wedding of my friend Sarah Schoendorfer (her new last name is Huckstep. I consider it a step towards simplicity). She's a D-town friend, and it was so good to see a bunch of Pennsylvania people. Sarah looked great and her sealing was really beautiful. We took some pictures on the steps of the temple, but I'm happy to report I didn't puke on them this time.
Afterwards I went up to Bountiful to see Grandpa. To my delight Aunt Cathy was there and we got a good visit while Grandpa ate some weird-looking nursing home food. He's such a champ. He's been falling a lot, so they've made him start wearing this censor clipped to the back of his shirt that goes off when he falls. He really hates it, but he had me take it off so he could show me how it works. He made it go off for a sec, and I told him he was a rebel because he was going to freak them out. Then he wouldn't let me put it back on him! I kept insisting saying he needed to, but he wouldn't let me. I was laughing pretty hard. When the nurse came I tattle-told saying he wasn't wearing his censor, and Grandpa just smiled kinda smug, so proud that he fooled me into taking it off. No matter his fraile state--the man is still tricky!
Later that night Doug and I went up to Park City for Sarah's reception. It was at the groom's parents' house, and it's safe to say their income is ridiculously high. But that income made for great refreshments. Doug and I then ran to the outlet mall and literally ran store to store because we only had 45 minutes until closing time. We left empty-handed, but I'm not discouraged--it just means we need to go to Park City again soon. And the drive was gorgeous.
Beautiful drive to Park City.


A horse trailer that mocked us on the windy, one-lane highways for many many miles. It had an interstate sign on the back, and we decided they thought they WERE the interstate, thus ruling the world.




Heather Olson-now-Davis's little girl, Riley. Cute to the max.








Jackie, Sarah ("bride"), Heather

4 comments:

the meyersons said...

Get out of TOWN. How fun. I love that your squeezed in shopping. I mean what's a trip to Park City without hitting the outlets?

Do you think we will still call her Shoppenpopper? Maybe it'll just slip out.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Sara looks great! Looks like a super fun trip! i am still laughing at Grandpa! I laughed so hard my eyes are watering. He is such a stinker. I would be so frazzled on what to do. I am glad the nurse came in or you would have had a situation!!!

Let's all hope that when we are that age we still have a sense of humor like that!

CYD said...

I've always thought Grandpa was crafty.
You three gals have grown up quite nicely...

Bone Junior said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea Sarah was getting married or that Heather has a child! Man, I'm out of the loop...I guess that's what happens when you're just from Marshallton and not D-Town :)