Thursday, March 8

Me + Common Cold=Stupid

I’ve spent the majority of the week being stupid. I’m blaming it on a cold that’s been plaguing me. I’ve been repeating a lot what’s already been said, making dumb typos which (surprise, surprise) really bugs me (partially because I know other people are thinking, “wait, isn’t she supposed to be an editor?”), and I even accidentally sent a dorky smiley face in an email I sent to my boss. Dangit.

I went to the DMV earlier this week to change the name on my drivers license and the worker kept looking at me oddly—looking back, it makes me wonder if I was saying odd things like I had been all week or if I just looked like I was on drugs. Perhaps both. On a side note, I nearly failed the eye exam when I couldn’t read the far right letters on the first line. I read what I thought were the letters, and she said, “Uh, what was that?” and I panicked and had to really concentrate when I looked again. Apparently C and N look a lot like Q and D. Darn you failing right eye!

Doug, on the other hand, has been very on the ball doing brave things such as donating blood and tackling our taxes. He’s playing intramural football again and couldn’t be happier. He’s so busy with school and work that we both crash by the end of the night. Actually, I couldn’t sleep the other night because I was so congested and I was kinda being a baby (Doug might remove the “kinda” from that sentence). He offered to sit up with me (literally sitting up because of the before mentioned dreadful congestion) to watch a movie. Remarkably I fell asleep in the first four seconds of the movie, so he patiently put me to bed and finally went to sleep himself. He’s a kind soul.

We really are doing well, despite my day to day drama. Hope you're all healthy, wealthy, and wise!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

You put me in your LINKS! I couldn't be more flattered :) Oh, and by the way...you can never use too many :)s.

I {heart} working with you.

A-diggity

whitney said...

so , i noticed you have a cold at our rs activity the other day. sorry, i never asked you about it. are you doing any better? i hope so. it really bites to be sick. especially when you can't sleep at night. :) i'm a big supporter of the :), too. :)