I’m relieved. Our winter really wasn’t so bad, but the warm weather has made me realize just how ready I was to thaw out. This entire week has been in the 60s or higher, and we’ve living it up with important spring activities such as playing tennis and turning the heat down. We even have some tulips coming up right by our front porch. Heaven bless the kind soul who planted those months ago, even if they chose to do it in a grassy, rock infested part near the foundation of our building. There’s something poetic about flowers coming up in spots like that. Even if the garden hose that’s been there all winter is winding through them. Grow, little tulips, grow.
We’re even seeing some plant growth inside! No, no, not mildew—a house plant! It’s a peace lily left over from my single years that we recently replanted into a larger pot. We fondly refer to her as “Encarnación.” (You can thank the movie Nacho Libre for inspiring the name.) We decided to get crazy while replanting her and put some of her smaller shoots in a new pot. Thus making “Re-encarnación.” We had no idea if the little one would make it, but my mom said, “Uh, just don’t give it too much water. Or too little.” So we followed her strict guidelines and she’s doing great. It’s really so so satisfying to see her grow. High fives for the hope of new life, and thank goodness for spring.
3 comments:
Jackie,
Did you think of 100 more things after you posted your 100 things? I did. I am. I thought about it so long now I can only think of that. Oh, and don't you think it would make a great scrapbook page?? How's that coming?? :)
Alison
Hi, Jackie.
Are you still thinking of 100 more things about yourself? I am. I keep thinking, ooooh, that would've been a good one. Anyway don't you think that would make a great scrapbook page?? How's that coming?? :)
Don't you just love Spring? We are soaking in as much sun as we can because we know that in a few weeks the wind is coming and is here to stay for a few months. I also so excited to see our daffodils coming up in our flower beds outside!!! I had forgotten dad's quote and it just really made me laugh...what a quirky guy our dad! Luv you Gackie!
Post a Comment