Friday, May 4

slight injury

Doug called me at work just before I was about to leave yesterday and said something like, "Don't freak out." That's always a start to something fabulous! Turns out he'd been cutting onions for dinner and he sliced his finger. It wouldn't top bleeding, so we decided he might be stitches-bound. I met him at the BYU Urgent Care as they wree already giving him several adhesive-type stitches. Real stitches would have been extremely painful on his finger and they weren't necessary. The nurse set him up with a gigantic white bandage, and I'm happy to report he's alive and well. I'm also happy to report that it was the middle finger on his left hand that was wounded, so it appears he's often presenting a rude gesture. That huge bandage has led to some good jokes.
This picture, however, does show his sadness as he realized he had to do his hair onehanded this morning. Hair is a serious thing to Doug, and it is never, ever, EVER a onehanded affair.
In other news, only one of the 27 seeds we've been coaching is growing. They mock us. Maybe we should be cautious with child-rearing.

4 comments:

whitney said...

ooo, sadness. especially about the hair tragedy. maybe he could still use his left hand to do his hair, just with his middle finger sticking out. he'll just be flipping himself off in the mirror. :)

CYD said...

Phil and I are laughing at Doug right now. I have to admit, just laughing. Phil does however grieve w/ you on the hair thing. I am not allowed to touch his hair. Small children touch it and he attacks. Remember that guy from Doylestown that hurt his thumb and he always looked like he was hitching a ride? This is sort of like it, except this gesture can get you beat up and a visit w/ the Bishop. Best of luck! Oh, and sorry to hear the science experiment isn't going well. Did you check the germination timing on the plants? I have no clue what I'm talking about...

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Uhhh...doesn't Doug know how important his hands are if he wants to be a Dentist? He needs special gloves like George did on Seinfield. Classic episode!

AnnaYoung said...

I second the special gloves remark. When I worked at the factory here in Wichita Falls (bite me) I had to wear OSHA approved "cutting gloves". They acutally came in handy a time or two! THat, plus watching Norma Rae nightly got me through my stint there : )