Tuesday, May 1

still a kid

My last blog reminded me of conversations I like to have with my nieces and nephews. I can thank Lindy for the line of questioning.

I really enjoyed one I had with my nephew Jeff. I asked him, as I like to ask all the nieces and nephews, "Am I a kid or a grown-up?" This specific time he crinkled up his nose and said, "Well, a kid." I went on to explain that I was attending a university, I had served a mission, I had a driver's license, I paid my own insurance, and I could write my own résumé. Then I asked, "So how could I be a kid if I do all those things?"

He just shrugged his shoulders and said matter-of-factly, "Well, you don't have any kids."

Dangit. No wonder I don't feel like an adult.

2 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Sweet! You do look like your 16 still...someday you will look back at that and think your a rock star.

AnnaYoung said...

HAHAHAHAHahahaha! This Jeff Kid sounds awesome!