Tuesday, September 4

crazy eights

alicia tagged me. probably because she knows i'm a sucker for such shenanigans.

so, in no particular order...

8 Things I'm Passionate About
1. Adult literacy
2. Washing my face at night
3. The Gospel
4. Water conservation
5. Jeans with pockets on the butt
6. Listening to people (and I wish I was better at it)
7. Making sure Doug knows I love him
8. Writing

8 Things I want to do before I die
1. Have kids. Be a mom. The whole she-bang.
2. Meet the prophet
3. Swim in clear blue ocean water
4. Visit Italy
5. Do humanitarian work with Doug somewhere
6. Learn to sew. And not hate it.
7. Write a column
8. Get Doug to like the East Coast :)

8 Things I say often
1. "If you think___, then you're wrong."
2. "If you think___, then you're right."
3. "I heart that."
4. "Huh."
5. "Let's get real."
6. "I bet"
7. "___rocks my world."
8. "Love your face", "Miss your face", and so on

8 Books I've recently read
1. "What's eating Gilbert Grape?" by Peter Hedges
2. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by JK Rowling
3. "Small and Simple Things" by Marjorie Pay Hinckley
4. "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer
5. "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom
6. "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway
7. "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss
8. "Deep Thoughts" and "Deeper Thoughts" by Jack Handey

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
1. "The Scientist" by Cold Play
2. "Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor
3. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2
4. "This Is the Christ" sung by my mission president (he's an opera singer. it rocks.)
5. "The Lighthouse's Tale" by Nickelcreek
6. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
7. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
8. "Landslide" as sung by the Dixie Chicks. Shut up.

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends
1. First thing always: sense of humor
2. Non-jerklike tendencies
3. Trustworthy
4. Witty
5. Not overly materialistic
6. Has characteristics I'd like to have
7. A willingness to loan me money
8. Interested in and supportive of pranks

8 Things I've learned in the last year
1. Doug is an even better fit for me than I ever dreamed.
2. Miracles happen every day.
3. I just don't like yogurt.
4. Happiness is a decision.
5. God is very very kind.
6. Things work out. They always do.
7. "Chariots of Fire" isn't about football. For some reason I always thought it was.
8. I need my family. Big time.

8 People that I think should do "8"
1. Stacey
2. Jessica
3. Jenn
4. Cydney
5. Kadi
6. Whitney
7. Doughty
8. Lindy
8a. Suz
8b. Anna
8c... Oh man, let's get real: I think everybody should do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've just thrown this together, haven't you! I just talked to you, and BAM, you come up with all this! I'd like to think I could too, but I would need a couple of months. I just went to my brain doc, and one thing he did was "test" me with, "how many nickels in $1.35". After many anxious moments and sweat and calculations, I came up with an answer. I have since checked that answer with a calculator while right outside his office, and found it to be correct. Let's just say you didn't get your brain from me.

Back to you - loved your "8"!

Anonymous said...

Ha! my mom got tagged!