In honor of Labor Day, here are some workisms I've experienced lately:
- My department had a training one day on InDesign, and since
we're all at different levels one of my coworkers doing the training
brought Play-Doh for each of us. I made a horse.
- I was writing an email to someone that knows me as Jackie Dunlop, so I signed (and sent—dangit!) it "Jackie Shafer (formally Dunlop)". Apparently I only use Dunlop at the most formal times. Communications specialist/writer/editor... as if!
- I was reading through a contract we signed with a company, and part
of it was discussing what we are allowed to do once they grant us
rights to use their company logo or name or something. According to
the contract, we can use it now with any known media
and any sort of media known or created in the future "throughout the
universe, in perpetuity." And I add, from "henceforth and forever, and
ever, and ever." Nothing like involving the whole universe in a contract!
1 comment:
The horse killed me...
Post a Comment