I'll tell you: winter. This is winter in action. Those clouds are going to disappear and reveal snow on the mountains. Right by our house. In September. I just don't know what to say about it...
But I do know we haven't posted in a while. I shall share some reasons why:
1. I spent most of last week in Vegas for a trade show for work. What happened in Vegas shall stay in Vegas, except for the weightgain caused by the gigantic meals we ate every day and night.
2. Doug went to an interview at Case Western in Cleveland. He felt way comfortable and he loved the school. He has two more interviews this month, and if anything schools won't let us know anything officially until December 1.
4. I've started tutoring a man twice a week named Luis through an adult literacy program at our library. He's from Peru and he has an engineering business here. He's extremely educated so his Spanish literacy is perfect, but we're working on his English literacy. He speaks pretty well but he needs to be able to write for his business and communicate with clients better. This week we're going to be working on writing engineering concepts clearly in English and preparing his lesson for his High Priest's Quorum. He's a stud.
5. We're tired.
And that about covers it for the excuse list.
In other news, our friends Sarah and Dave had their little guy (see their blog). 10 pounds 3 ounces! He's having a rough time, though, so he's been up at Primary Children's Hospital all this week. We got to meet him, and trust us--he is cute to the max. He's also the biggest newborn I've ever encountered. :)
We also had four family birthdays this week: Lexi, Tyler, Mason, and Whitney. Happy birthday to one and all.
Man, is that it? I feel like I have to catch you up on everything. Because you are all on the edges of your seats I'm sure. So there. Done and done.
7 comments:
Well once you get into Dental school you will learn how to do stitches. I think it would be a little tough to do it on yourself. I am excited when LiL Mil needs stitches someday and I will do it for him. We have used the super glue in the past and it works.
I was blog stalking you back and Doug's picture jogged my memory. We were in the same ward in condo row, I think Windsor Arms was the name?, but he was pre-mish and he lived with his bro if I recall. Small world.
Good luck with getting in. I am a fourth year at Temple.
I don't even remeber how I passed physics. . . I think, though, becuase my professor had a demostration every day, I went to class every day, so I'm sure htat helped. I still have the plastic binder he shot a ping pong ball through at 600 miles an hour--I don't really remeber how it all worked but it was cool and the Prof wore suspenders.
Like I said, have no idea how I passed.
That picture of the "Y" made me get a chill! Brrrrrrrrrrrr
Snow? Interesting. I believe it was in the early nineties here last week. Pools are warm and lakes are swimmable. Huh. Also, you should make Doug carve you some scary teeth for Halloween! Just think of the children that would scare. One other thing--Doug liked a school in Cleveland, Desiree's true love is named Cleveland, and Ryan met a guy from Cleveland named Cleve Glen. You see what I'm getting at? Miss you tons. Next time you see Preston give him a tiny innocent pinch from me--you know the kind you can't help giving babies. And Luis as well I guess.
So much for "sterile environment" -I never dreamed dentists would choose the floor to sit on while creating tooth replacements! Maybe that's something you learn in dental school . . .?
I could not believe the snow either... Why are we here again???
--Monica and Justin
seriously, you always have the best posts! Your stories are hilarious and I love the token use of the word 'awesome'. Keep us updated on the mouse trap...
Post a Comment