
and it is for us. :)
Yesterday Doug was accepted to the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry. We're going to Richmond, baby!!!!!!
We're thrilled. And grateful. This whole process has been extremely humbling, and we know this is a gigantic, merciful blessing. I've been so stressed that I didn't even dare wear my Virginia t-shirt until we knew our fate there. However, last night I felt it was time again:
(Doug has no VA shirt. This is close.)
Thanks, VCU, and thanks to all of you that care/have cared!!
23 comments:
YESSSSSS!!!!!!! We are thrilled for you guys and wish you the very berry best! I will always smile when I think of Virginia now!
p.s. poor Indiana...no love there!
yaaaayyy for doug! nice work! we love you guys so much and are so happy you get to go where you want to.
yeeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!! we're SO excited!! congratulations doug. i'd have something more interesting and witty to say, but it's 7:30 AM on the east coast... which means it's 5:30 AM in utah and my brain isn't on yet. ah, the joys of apartment hunting in a different time zone. hey, maybe we can share a moving van. :)
Every time I think of Virginia now I want to arm pump and say "Yes Yes Yes!!"
4-5 hours drive is nothin baby. NOTHIN.
http://www.virginiaisforlovers.com/
Yes! Congrats to the limit, the Cheat is to the limit, VCU is to the limit!
YAY!! congrats. that is seriously SO awesome. we totally know how it is waiting in suspense for what your future will hold. we won't even be that far from you guys. give us a call when you want a weekend away in NYC, we'd love to have ya!!
Congratulations! That is so exciting. Maybe we'll end up back that way too. We still haven't decided. I'm so glad that Doug got in though. By the way, we miss you guys!
We are seriously so excited for you guys! What a relief to know where you'll be and you can get going!! I'm so glad that you got in to your first choice...though it hit me you will be so far away...so I'm kind of sad...for myself...but seriously, super happy for you guys! You guys are the best and you deserve to go where you want to go! Love you!
Congrats Dougy! That is great news...especially because you are now only about 2 hours from here! See you in a few months!
SWEET! HOLLA!!! What exciting news. It will be fun to have you guys just a drive away! Good work Dougmeister! Now we be together on Christmas, Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Easter, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Yom Kippur, Roshashana, Pioneer Day, Halloween, May Day....
(just kidding :))
Yes, she is kidding because May Day is out of the question.
just google mapped richmond from nyc and it's only about 5.5 hours away! helloooo road trippin'! so excited. congrats.
Awesome news! Congrats. I am sure you will love it there. I have only been to Virginia once, but I absolutely loved it!
Jackie, I can't tell you how excited I am right now. Did you know Ted and I live in RICHMOND!! Most of our friends are dental students at VCU!! We have a lot of them in our ward! Please move into our ward! I don't think I've seen your blog before until today, but Chelsey was looking at it and told me the news. They are probably going to be living in Charlottesville (an hour away) by August for a rotation. Fun times!! I'd love to talk more about this, so please e-mail or send me your number!! Congrats!
Congrats to the max, Dr. & Mrs. Shafer!! (You get to be a Dr. & Mrs.!! How cool is that?!?!)
Doug, when you're a dentist, just make sure you don't try to have a conversation with your patient while you're examining them. Because they can't answer you. Because your HANDS ARE IN THEIR FACE.
(Also, please feel free to forward this feedback to my dentist.)
Yay!! We are so excited for you guys! Being accepted is the best feeling ever! :) If you guys drive out here, feel free to make a pit stop in Ohio to see us (or sleep for that matter!)! :) Miss you guys!
Congrats!! That is such great news!!! I hear virginia is a swell place to live :)
Congrats on VCU!! We were happy to hear the news. East coast rocks! So much to see and do. Can't wait to visit. Ben said not to get your hopes up. When you're a dentist your not a considered a "real doctor" (MD) actually much smarter. You get paid over twice as much and work half as much. Another positive, if you like one sided convesations or conversations to yourself, your in the right profession. Nobody talks back when they have sharp instruments in their mouth. What job could be better?
Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! We are starting that process and hope it ends just as well as it has for you guys. Go Doug!
virginia is for lovers! congratulations, i know you've been waiting for this. i am jealous that you get to live in the best state ever. does this mean PC is almost over? huzzah.
Doug you need to ask yourself:
"Doug [that's you] Do I really want to go to a school that would let a guy like me go there?"
"[Answer] Yes! [Commence Happy Dance]"
Congrats Doug!
Congrats Doug. That's awesome
Post a Comment