Wednesday, September 23

fashion forward

Normal pants = tight, super uncomfortable
Maternity pants = saggy butt, super comfortable

Parenthood is about sacrifice, right?

7 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

you should get the maternity pants from "Motherhood" if you have one near you. they are the best thing since wirebound notebooks. seriously, they're great. they stretch like taffy. if i could wear them all the time i would

Traci said...

Have you tried the rubber band trick? You use a rubber band to keep the top of your pants somewhat together (loop it around the button and then through the button hole) and then cover it with an extra long shirt. Or they actually sell bands (at Target) that do kind of the same thing. But pretty much, yeah, parenthood is about sacrifice :).

Kadi said...

I hate the inbetween phase...the rubberband trick no longer works, but maternity pants are still too big. Sadly it probably won't be long though...you'll be fitting in those maternity pants and wondering why on earth your baby would need you bum and thighs to get bigger! At least that's what happens to me...I love your cute belly though, totally fun to see you pregnant!

melissa said...

I agree completely. I bought 3 pairs of maternity pants (one jeans, one khaki, one gray - covering all the bases), and wore them out. I never liked the rubber band trick much. It seemed like my pants were constantly falling down (like Diggity, I've got no butt) and the rubber band/unzipped zipper was always showing. So I was pro-maternity pants. However, I must say that once you go elastic waistband, you never want to go back...

Lindy said...

The ability to wear elastic waistband pants is ALMOST worth the puking and the trouble breathing and the achy back without even getting a baby out of it in the end. Luckily, the baby pushes it right over the top. I do wish they could make pants without a super saggy butt though. That would be ideal.

the Allers said...

I second Jones's emotion. But I do have to wonder why oh why is there so much caboose room in maternity pants? I know, its a Doughty butt I'm referencing....but still, does anyone really need that much room?

the Allers said...

Also, also. Rubberband = crap, or vomit, or something similar. At least its no comparison to an elastic waistband. YES!