We did manage to squeeze in quite a bit o' fun, including a personalized tour of the Capitol building (thanks to a hook-up from Brittany!), some visits to a few monuments, some excellent food, walking into one of the Smithsonian museums 5 minutes before closing, and the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular show.
Tour the Capitol some time. Very cool. We even got to hang out in the room where the House meets. They didn't ask our opinion on anything, though.
On the ellipse in front of the White House they have the gigantic National Christmas tree and smaller trees for each state and territory. Obviously we gave shout-outs to our home states.
What's a nice hotel without robes, right?
This is what we woke up to. D.C. was gorgeous, but very not equipped for so much snow.
A delightful trip indeed.
9 comments:
You guys are great. Your posts always make me laugh. :)
we also did a last romantic get away before baby/my birthday trip. it was critical. i look back at it with fond memories and wish we could do random trips like that together still. you two are smart. :)
Looks fun! Quick question. Who took the robe picture? Did you bring along a 3rd person?!?!??!
i LOVE LOVE LOVE D.C.!!! I am so glad you guys got to take a fun trip there. ive been meaning to plan a trip there since jared has never been. love the pics!
hahaha soo funny
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and the Capitol tour--very smart idea to get away while you can (I wish Brian and I would have done that more)!
Your sister and I had the exact same first thought--who DID take that picture? Maybe it was Santa. Glad you guys had fun!
Awesome post..LOVE the robe pose!
We miss you guys already. Hope you are enjoying the snow cause there's none here! What the heck?!
What a blast!
(get it...fun...blast...winter blast)
Post a Comment