Wednesday, May 2

i heart LA

CNN reported yesterday that Los Angeles has the worst air around. According to a study by the American Lung Association, LA is numero uno on the most polluted cities in America. Such a fact brought back fond memories of my red, watery eyes during the hottest parts of the summer. When allergies didn’t seem to be the cause, we finally concluded that the valley’s pollution was just too much for my eyeballs. There’s just nothing like sharing the gospel with wee beaty red eyes that make you look like a drug user.

On a side note, I am having a seriously hard time seeing the computer screen at work these days because my eyes feel like unto my LA days. They just look less red. This time I do think it’s allergies. Not drugs, not pollution. Thanks, Utah.

On a side note, I found it extremely funny that other top ten “bad air” cities included Birmingham and St. Louis. Is that surprising to you too? And for the record, some of my favorite cities like Philadelphia, New York, and Doylestown were nowhere to be found on such list. haHA!

3 comments:

the Allers said...

I would also like to add that good ol'SLC is ranked #6. Way to live in healthy places Jack....

Jackie said...

Sigh... you win some and you lose some.

I just looked at the actual study, and apparently if you want to live in a "clean" city you have to move to New Mexico or Montana, and I'm afraid I'm not THAT concerned about the air I breathe.

Suzanne said...

Fresno's number two, baby. Take THAT, suckas!!