Monday, November 12

a football man

There's no doubt about it--Doug is a football man. He's not crazy-obsessed like a lot of guys, but if I let us get football sheets I'm sure he'd sleep better at night. So when the time comes around for Doug to play BYU intramural football, it's like it's Christmas every time there's a game. He talks about all day and cherishes every little football second. The only thing about this type of Christmas, though, is that there are referees and opposing teams that can ruin the whole thing for everybody. Other than that, the joy is the same for Doug.

Doug's team is in the tournament now, and they're doing better than any other team Doug has ever been on (at least he's ending his intramural career on a high note). Please enjoy some pics and footage from his last game where his team basically rocked the casbah. It was a good game, even for someone like me who's mostly confused about what's going on most of the time.

(above) Doug looks literally crazy about football while Justin flashes a gang sign

(below) Some of The Football Men



(below) Here Doug is the tiny tiny white dot playing quarterback. He ran it and dove into the endzone, but the ref claimed a kid pulled his flag before Doug made it there. We keyed that ref's car after the game.


5 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Is it powder puff or just regular football? JK

Let's just say this...if he was running towards me and I had the ball...I would fall down into the fetal position and cry like a baby!

Monica McCoy said...

You gotta love what football does for a man... I definately cannot give it. I love the top pic, but who would not love a gangsta husband!!!

Kadi said...

Dougy - um, Jackie, um, I love you Doug and Jackie. Hi. That was Carter. He told me what to say and I was to type it. Done. Doug is awesome! He's a stud football player...and maybe, borderline obsessive. I'm glad that the team is doing so well! Nice job on the picks Jackie and way to be an awesome cheerleader! Love you guys!!!

Suzanne said...

Football makes me scared and confused. Much like that photo of Doug...

Also. My husband and your husband should get together and go bowling. (Or watch football??)

the meyersons said...

I want to go bowling.