At such a special time as this I think it's time to let the world know why Jim Dunlop rocks my world:
1. He's hilarious. I quote him all the time, and I think it took me going to college to realize how many times I say, "Do you know what my dad always says?..."
2. He's handsome, and he was quite the catch as a young man (his genes combined with my mom's genes have really done some great things for us).

3. He lovingly called me a brat for about 3 years straight whilst I was in high school. This makes me laugh because it was so accurate a title.
4. He's a handy man extraordinaire. The man has talents out the wazoo.
5. He used to cut our bangs when we were little.
6. He's always supported me in my pursuits--school, sports, boys, etc. If the boys were dumb, he was always happy to let us know they were dorks. Just ask Cyd.
7. He once told me that he thought I should wear red lipstick more often.
8. He often asks us as we come downstairs, "You're going to where that??"
9. He has an end of the driveway rule. Long story, but he says if we want to leave at 8:00 am, then we need to be at the end of the driveway at 8:00 am. "The difference between the garage and the end of the driveway is about 20 minutes."
10. He loves his family and adores his grandchildren. He's survived having 5 girls and no sons... give the man a medal!
11. Last Christmas he and my mom planned this gigantic Survival obstacle course for us in the yard. There was running, tears, shouting, cheering, and more. It was freaking awesome.
12. He encourages us to scratch his head. Oft.
13. He said Doug should marry me when Doug talked to him. Doug was relieved. So was I.
14. He was my greatest fan when I played volleyball. He knows the sport better than I do because of it.
15. He's got a work ethic that could kill a teenage girl but totally blesses an adult.
16. He's great for advice. Especially when you call him from the Movies 8 parking lot because it's the first place you thought to pull over and you're crying and you've just been laid off from your job.
17. He loves the gospel, even though he hates conducting in sacrament meeting.
18. He gives excellent dad hugs.
19. He used to give us indian burns and coco butts. Tip: Don't ask him what those are.
20. He tells me I'm his favorite ("just don't tell your sisters").
5 comments:
your dad is only one day older than me! how cool is that?! :)
Um, you play volleyball?
You left out the noise he makes when he clears his throat...I freakin love it.
PLUS...he likes me the best. He told me.
Gosh darn it, I had this exact thing on my blog ~ I better go take it off I wouldn't want to make you feel like your copying me or anything...
Just Kidding...so I am totally sitting here in the dark reading this and missing Dad! He is pretty darn cool! I get to see him first (then you, then stace I know just let me gloat).
Umm - even though I've only met him once, I feel I should contribute my favorite things about Jim.
1. He did a check mark motion with his hand right after you were sealed.
2. He gives you tools as presents. Which came in handy at the Square.
PS - I've upset that I wasn't involved in this "obstacle course"
Did you get laid off from your job recently?!??
Post a Comment