Tuesday, September 8

lake anna

Sunday night we camped with some friends up at Lake Anna. We had a sweet campsite right near the lake, so on Monday Doug fished, I read, and we played on the beach. The weather was perfect, the company was delightful, and I inhaled a ton of roasted marshmallows. Now THAT is a successful camping trip.

It's only an hour away, so you better believe we'll head back there again.

We neglected to take any pictures until Monday, so these few will have to do.





A snake I almost stepped on. Fun fact: I h-a-t-e snakes and Doug loves them, yet I'm ALWAYS the one that finds them when we're out and about. It kills me.

8 comments:

Lindy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the snake, but also glad you had fun camping. That's not an easy feat, and I applaud you.

the meyersons said...

You must have snake lady hormones.

Liz Smith said...

fun! someday i'll go camping....someday.....

Michal Thompson said...

Just enjoy it, it will soon be over. You looks super cute. Is that a maternity suite/

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Sounds fun!! We are always up for a good ole campin' trip. I remember the snake bit. Maybe Max or Malcolm can bring one home just for you!

Suzanne said...

Camping + being pregnant = you're my hero.

Chelsey said...

Cheers for camping! We had so much fun with you guys. We'll have to make sure to do it again next summer.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Too fun!