yeah, hell about describes my first 20 miler, as well as the last few miles of the marathon. he will do awesome though. i wish i could be there to either run it or help you cheer them across the finish line. but alas, family in town. have fun!
I'm so sorry Doug. You'll probably be glad though that you can say you did this...once. Right? Jackie, man, it sounds like if you ever want to do this, you're on your own...
Woman generally are the ones who have trouble saying "no" to others. Here is what I do . . .
Doug, practice in the mirror at home saying, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO I WON'T RUN A MARATHON, NO, NO!!
It works! I've have never ran a marathon. Then again, I won't get to say, "ya, I ran a marathon" ever. I'll get over it.
I can say, "I birthed 4 children." "I did invitro." "I got knocked up on Disney cruise." You have to weigh these things out in the grand scheme of things.
I am shocked by your lack of support, Jack. I would think you would be right along beside him. Perhaps you should just drive ever so slowly next to the race?
8 comments:
yeah, hell about describes my first 20 miler, as well as the last few miles of the marathon. he will do awesome though. i wish i could be there to either run it or help you cheer them across the finish line. but alas, family in town. have fun!
We wish you could make it too, Morgan!
But at the same time I think Doug's happy for you that you don't have to run that far... he doesn't wish it upon anybody. :)
Go Doug, you can do it!
I'm so sorry Doug. You'll probably be glad though that you can say you did this...once. Right? Jackie, man, it sounds like if you ever want to do this, you're on your own...
Even I hate those last few weeks. I would do a marathon every month if I didn't have to train for it!
Woman generally are the ones who have trouble saying "no" to others. Here is what I do . . .
Doug, practice in the mirror at home saying, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO I WON'T RUN A MARATHON, NO, NO!!
It works! I've have never ran a marathon. Then again, I won't get to say, "ya, I ran a marathon" ever. I'll get over it.
I can say, "I birthed 4 children." "I did invitro." "I got knocked up on Disney cruise." You have to weigh these things out in the grand scheme of things.
I am shocked by your lack of support, Jack. I would think you would be right along beside him. Perhaps you should just drive ever so slowly next to the race?
P.S. Good luck Dougie!
Post a Comment