Monday, November 30

a successful movember


Movember has come and gone. Thanks to all that helped raise awareness and donations for men's health. Even if you weren't able to participate, there's still time to make a donation to Doug's team Moustache McMij. All donations go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Men's health is important to everyone, but it's recently affected our family significantly. They found prostate cancer in my dad earlier this year, and he underwent surgery this summer. His surgeon was one of the best in the country, and the robotic surgery he had was ahead of its time. We wish it had ended there, but he's now undergoing radiation treatment and we're all praying it's successful.

When Doug heard about Movember, he jumped at the opportunity to support the research and education that help men like my dad. So if you can spare a few dollars, take a moment to donate now (every cent counts).

Thanks again to all who supported us! You looked fine, men, but we'll sure miss the 'staches. Sorta.
Pic stolen from Alicia's blog.


5 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Yowza!

Liz Smith said...

im sorry to hear your dad has to go through all that. I hope he is able to make a full recovery.

Furniss Family said...

I didn't know that, you're dad is in our thoughts and prayers. Cancer has affected so many people I know and it's so hard to see those you love go through that. Love the staches' very funny :)

Joyce said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the lip adornments, and thanks to the wives who dealt with it!

Scott said...

I am so sorry about your dad. I will keep him in my prayers. What a great husband to do that. I guess the awesome mustache was probably a perk for him.