Sunday, January 17

her own room

The Mooch's room is nearly complete. Here's hoping she comes to claim it soon!



We wanted bright and happy colors, but I didn't want it to be too girly or too plain. We're grateful for some accents we've been collecting (a Mexican doll from my mission, the banner Brittany made for her baby shower, etc.).

The bubbles, as we call them, were Doug's idea. He painted them all with some handmade stencils. So crafty. The tree was a vision I've had since before I was even married, and since our family is so spread out we don't want to risk the Mooch not knowing the faces of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Hence the tree with a pic for each fam. We'll quiz her regularly until she has names, faces, and Social Security numbers down.

22 comments:

Aly said...

I LOVE the tree. So cute and a great idea for long distance familying. Good luck, whenever she comes!

whitney said...

ben and i love it!! i'm a little embarrassed that we're the only people who didn't follow through with the simple task of getting a family picture to you. :) geez, i'm unreliable.

Megan said...

very nice! I am sure the Mooch will love it when she decides to make her grand appearance :)

Monica McCoy said...

Soo cute! I really like the tree.

Jake*Marci said...

That is so creative, you did an awesome job. I love it!

Liz Smith said...

awwwwww....it looks soooooo good!!! i can't wait to see pictures of the mooch soon...she's going to be so cute! i hope for your sake she comes quickly too. Good luck with everthing!

Danielle and Brian said...

oh man!! that is adorable in every way!! I LOVE IT so much! What a great idea with the pictures on the tree!!

joshandemily said...

so, so, so cute! Love it! We're so excited for you guys!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

That is FABtabulous! It turned out so great! I love the tree and the dresser turned out amazing!

She is going to LOVE sleeping in her new room! I know I would...in fact, maybe I will come out and take a nap in her crib just to see! Eh?

KevandChels said...

WOW! Cool tree! can we copy that idea? seriously:) best of luck! We're so so excited for you guys!

Furniss Family said...

Such cute decorating!!! Love it!! She is going to be here soon and anytime, how exciting!! Can't wait to see her. Remember I still owe ya a cute vinyl lettering for the room, I will email you some cute idea's that I've done and seen. No rush though, just reminding ya. I know there is a lot going on with you right now.

Suzanne said...

I noticed you have an empty frame... do you need me to send you a Hildebrand family photo? What size?

P.S. Well done. Seriously well done. SO CUTE.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Your nesting instincts have done a great job. Amazing what one can accomplish even pregnant. It looks great and the tree is adorable. I still can't believe I sent a picture of me sweating and beet red, but hey, I sent it (unlike Whitney . . . come on girl, what--you have a bunch of kids or something? maybe ran a marathon?). :)

KaSs MiLeS said...

jackie that's so awesome!!! you'd be nearly horrified at how PINK story's room is. its a lot to take in at times. :) I love the tree, so awesome! i'm so glad that you've managed to put some cricut in her room. im proud.

melissa said...

I love the tree and everything else! And way to go for getting the room done BEFORE the baby comes. Rush turns 1 next month and he still has NOTHING in his room or on his walls. He just barely got curtains around Thanksgiving...

And by the way, I'm a little mad that you called Jake and not me yesterday. I thought we were friends.

One more thing. Last night I had a dream that you had your baby on this date: September 36, 9. (That was the date on the little card the hospital made for you.) And you named her Buella. At first I thought "Bella", but then I realized it was Buella, like Ferris Bueller. And all I could say was my oh my.

The Fox Family said...

yay!!! I LOVE IT! So Cute and I love the "family tree" idea. I didn't know you all were such artists. It looks great!

AnnaYoung said...

I've got nursery envy. It's all I could do to get out some onsies for #2. . . . there is not one thing on clara's wall except a now-outdated dog calendar. . . . which she loves, but still. I'm not so sure how #2 will feel about plain white walls.

Can you fly to japan and decorate my child's room please? I'll provide supplies, airfare is only, like $800 round trip now. . . not too much to ask I don't think, only takes about 18 hours to get all the way up here. : )

heather said...

I've seen lots of trees in nurseries, but never with that idea with the pictures! I love it!! You guys are so creative!

Brittany Nichole Miles said...

Darling!! I feel honored.

Michal Thompson said...

so cute, come down and do mine!

Lindy said...

Oh it's adorable! You should really be enrichment leader.

She's going to love it and sleep like a dream in there. I'm sure of it.

Emily said...

Really cute room! I love the tree idea!