Saturday, January 9

how to give your husband heart failure in the middle of the night

Wake up with a charlie horse in your calf muscle. All it takes is a death grip on his leg, some writhing around in ridiculous pain, and an inability to explain what the freak is going on for about a minute.

He'll think you're in labor. It's really, really great.

17 comments:

Liz Smith said...

hahahahahaahhahahaha. that is just too good.

Alicia said...

Haha, classic. I did that when I was pregnant with Jon. :)

Tiffany said...

haha- I already forgot about getting those darned charlie horses. I hated that! (Although your "story" is true, and hilarious!)

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's pretty funny. poor guy. my dr told me to eat 8 tums before bed, because the calcium in them relieves charlie horses. weird huh?

the meyersons said...

Flashbacks...

jen and michael said...

did jen teach you that one?

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh man I H A T E those! I still flex my feet when I stretch just in case! Ahhhhhhh!

The Miles Family said...

Bless your heart! Those are a killer...sometimes I wonder if I would rather be in labor!

AnnaYoung said...

sooooo painfull! Both for you and, apparenlty, Doug. I've read a manganese/iron deficiency can cause those. Try more spinach or something before bed. It seemed to really help me this time around (none so far-knock on wood) and I had them nightly with clara in 2nd and 3rd Trimensters!

Wonderland Girl said...

Kidney stones work great for that too.

But eventually you figure out you're the victim of a cruel joke and not your husband.

CYD said...

oh man i feel your pain. and i love that anything that gets you hyper from here on out will scare him and he'll think you're in labor. aaah-a spider, aaah i spilled milk, aaah i can't stand up b/c i'm fat. have fun w/ it b/c he'll always come running!

Justin said...

DVT? More likely in pregnancy. Check that out, could be scary. Maybe he isn't crazy, just well informed and worried about you.
-Justin

Michal Thompson said...

You said it just right, Connor thinks I am crazy when this happens and I am often screaming at him to help me but he has no idea what I am saying.

Chris & Jeannie Rackham said...

Hello out there ...

We have a blog, (nothing on it) but nevertheless we hope you are both doing well. Judging from the comments, it sounds like you are expecting a rather large hairy creature living in the Northwest. Good Luck with that! Seriously, we hope everything goes great and can't wait to hear the news of another Shafer. Merry XMAS and Happy New Year(belated) and can't wait to see you guys!

Love, Uncle Chris and Aunt Jeannie

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Been there, done that and OUCH!!! I hate charlie horses!!

Lindy said...

I have done that my friend! Nothing gets a husband's attention quicker!

The Richardsons said...

You know what's better? After the baby is born, try waking your husband up while shoving him and screaming "Honey! Honey! You're smothering the baby! YOU'RE ON TOP OF THE BABY!" All in your sleep. He'll love it.