Tuesday, July 28

the mooch

So that's what we're calling this kid. The Mooch. I mean, what else do you call a tiny person that mooches away all your power and strength? I guess you could call it a miracle (because, really, we're grateful such a thing is happening), but we'll stick with the Mooch for now.

We talk a lot about things Mooch likes and dislikes. I think Doug has a hard time believing me when I tell him the Mooch HATES it when I do dishes, and I guarantee I don't believe Doug when he claims the Mooch thinks it's awesome when I get tickled or otherwise annoyed. But it is what it is.

So stay tuned for more adventures with the Mooch. I predict it's going to be quite the ride.

14 comments:

jen and michael said...

I believe you about the dishes jackie, Ethan was just a couple months in the womb and he was asking for sandwiches and ice cream and foot rubs. I am sure Mooch wont be far behind in the telekenetics department

Megan said...

I agree with Jen. Mooches hate dishes. And love good food made by other people. I am excited to hear more Mooch adventures

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's a great name! :0) Can't wait to hear what type of mooch you're having.

Suzanne said...

Mooches DEFINITELY like baked potatoes and chili from Wendy's at 1:30 am. It's indisputable. (Just ask Shane...)

Kim said...

ohh I definitely missed that post, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is super super exciting. Yes, you just wait till they are born and continue the mooching. SO FUN!

Unknown said...

this is nate just for the record, but another name you could call it is parasite. it pretty much follows the definition of parasite. it "mooches" off of you and you get no benefit in return during the time it is in you. it takes your food, energy, etc.....i don't know, just something to think about. (alyson hates when i talk about the fetus like that)

Suzanne said...

Oh, and Oreo Cakesters, too.

Angi.Mima said...

Congrats! I am way excited for you guys.

Furniss Family said...

That is soooo exciting!!! We are so excited for you guys, I had to tell Josh when I saw your are pregnant :) How are you feeling? I know it's so exhausting, hope fully since your in the 2nd trimester that energy will return a bit. It will all be worth it though. Guess what??? I am pregnant too, I have a doctors appointment Tues, but according to my calculations you are only 2 week ahead of me. Our little ones will be the same age :) Good luck with everything!!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

The Mooch will eventually start asking for treats late at night - you know the kind you can only get thru a drive-thru at 11:00! Mooch may even start asking for foot rubs and back rubs...oh and super cute shoes!

Emy W. said...

Yes, my mooch definitely required daily footrubs.

the meyersons said...

No it's Meeps.

the meyersons said...

Oh crud, I meant Moops.

Meagan said...

Congratulations. I'm so excited for you.