Doug and I headed to the beach today with some folks, and we swam and boogie-boarded with jellyfish. As in, we totally owned them.Actually, they all seemed to be dead. But they were EVERYWHERE. Floating in the water and washing up on shore. We even noticed some kids collecting them by the handful, doing who knows what with them.
We thought the kids were nuts at first, but then we noticed none of the jellyfish on the shore seemed to have their tentacles. And since we understand the intricacies of jellyfish (because, obviously, we've seen "Finding Nemo"), we knew it was safe to touch the tops. (Plus those little kids collecting them looked weird, but not stupid.) So a few of us did what anyone would do--we endured an initiation of holding a top in our hand.
It was awesome.
5 comments:
Uhhh that soun weiwd.
you should have took a picture!
I cried about five times while reading this post. (Snakes are to Jackie as jellyfish are to Suzanne.)
Oh dear Suz... I'm so sorry! I'll practice more phobia-sensitivity in the future.
Sheesh! That makes my fingertips feel funny!
Post a Comment